Certified Used Exchange Privilege
GM Certified Used Vehicles
If you are not completely satisfied, you can exchange it within the first 30 days or 2,500 kilometres, whichever comes first
If for any reason you're not completely satisfied with your Certified Used Vehicle, you can exchange it within 30 days or 2,500 kilometers — whichever comes first — from the date of purchase for any other eligible Certified Used Vehicle.
If the purchase price of the replacement vehicle is less than the purchase price of the vehicle being returned, you'll receive credit for the difference. If the purchase price of the replacement vehicle is more, you simply pay the difference.
Unless indicated by your Dealer, all Certified Used Vehicles are eligible for the Exchange Privilege during the first 30 days or 2,500 kilometres of ownership. However, the exchanged vehicle has to meet the following criteria:
- The vehicle must currently be owned or leased by the retail purchaser/lessee of the Certified Used Vehicle
- The vehicle must be returned in the condition in which it was delivered to the customer, without damage or excessive wear and tear.
The One Time Exchange Privilege excludes the following vehicles:
- Fleet purchase vehicles.
- Vehicles used for daily rental, hearse, taxi, limousine, snowplowing or delivery services.
- The customer has previously returned a vehicle under the GM Certified Used Vehicles One-Time 30 Day or 2,500 Kilometre Exchange Privilege within a period of 12 months commencing on the return date of that previously returned vehicle.
- Vehicles that have had after-market accessories installed (e.g., radio or alarm system) unless installation was performed or sublet by the selling GM Certified Used Dealer.
Every vehicle returned under the Exchange Privilege will be inspected for damage and excessive wear and tear. If non-warranty repairs equal to or greater than $300 have been performed or are necessary, the vehicle is not eligible to be returned. If less than $300, the damage repair estimate will be deducted from the credit amount applied to the returned vehicle.
VALUATION OF THE RETURNED VEHICLE
The "Agreed Upon Exchange Value" will be used in determining the refund value to be applied to the replacement vehicle.
EXCHANGE AND WAIT PROVISION
If a customer exchanges a vehicle under the Exchange Privilege and waits for a replacement vehicle instead of choosing one from the dealer's available inventory, the selling dealer will not provide alternate transportation or allow a customer to keep the original vehicle while the replacement vehicle is secured